Sunday, December 30, 2007

Las Vegas on short notice

So at poker on the 26th John kinda mentions off the cuff that he was going to be down in Las Vegas with Ken and company. He said that he had a cheap room at the Rio that I could split with him. I'm of course not opposed to going to LV in general but I usually plan more than just a week in advance. I kinda blow off the idea but check airfare the following day and it's a respectable $315 round trip. Doable. Plus Marsh/Rosa and Jason/MB were going to be down there starting on the first so I text John and ask him if his offer is still good but I didn't see any response so the idea was withering up.

Went about my business for the next day or two then checked back on Saturday and the same roundtrip tickets were now $415. Zoiks! That's the travel industry for you! So the trip moved from the "sure why not" bucket into the "meh prolly not" bucket. But since I know how wacked out the travel biz is I went ahead and checked out Expedia (dot cooooommmmmm) and found that I could do Mon-Fri with airfare at the Tropicana which is OK for a room and the location would be central to Marsh/Rosa in the Luxor and Jason/MB at the MGM. A rate of $600 for air and room is totally reasonable considering that I'm booking two days before leaving. Then as I'm checking out the web page asks me if I want to apply my $100 e-coupon...ummmmm...helloooo?...ya, that would be a good idea. So five days four nights and air for five bills. I knew rooms were cheap starting the first but wasn't expecting to be able to get a room on the strip on New Year's Eve for a song. I type in my 16 digit account siphon and I'm booked. Las Vegas, here I come!

No comments: