Saturday, June 9, 2007

Took down two pots all night

After we stopped by the WSOP at the Rio, some of us went back to the hotel to play some cards. In a session that lasted a few hours I took down a total of two pots. Mostly just hung out and talked with Ryan and Marsh when we were at the same table.

Picked up QQ and raised it up to thin the crowd, got one caller. Flop came out all low cards and there is a weakish 10 dollar continuation/probe bet to me. I re-raise to 25. He goes away.

Pretty much just dwindle within the 100-200 range for a while. Ryan on my right doubles through Lou Diamond Philips with AdKd and he is almost unstuck. Later on I pick up the same hand and raise to 15 few callers, totally missed. Few rounds later I pick up AdKd AGAIN and raise to 15, three callers. Flop is an uncomplicated A68 rainbow. I size up the pot and look at my stack then decide 45 is the right number. 3/4 pot sized bet and enough to commit me even if something really ugly falls on the turn. I'm not getting away from this hand regardless of action. Lou Diamond Philips calls me. Turn is another Ace and I throw in the rest of my chips, about 75 which at this point is a weak bet compared to the pot. No call and I have a small pile of sugar for the first time tonight. I see a few more orbits worth of cards and end up cashing out for 214 for the night.

No comments: