Monday, July 2, 2007

Sunday Night no Poker

Got up bleary eyed and did not declare myself in suitable condition for poker. As one of my poker books puts it "NOT PLAYING well beats NOT PLAYING WELL." So in lieu of donking off chips at Sunday Night Poker I decide to treat myself to a show instead. I had been meaning to try a discount ticket place on the strip. I find that one of my top shows is available so it is a quick dinner at Panda Express then on to the Venetian to see the Blue Man Group. My ticket was off to the side but in front of the break in seating. I figured for a concert style show that sight lines would not be critical so I wasn't too concerned about going to a place selling leftover tickets. Two thumbs up for a unique and entertaining show. Recommended.

Afterwards, I head down to the Forty Deuce club in Mandalay Bay for a night cap and a little conversation and dancing with some friendlies. Not cheap...but I'm worth it. After a couple of dancers finish their show, I head back to the room and call it a night.

No comments: