Tuesday, July 3, 2007

You win some you lose some

Feel like I'm on my game. Good focus. Nothing too out of line. Got paid a little when my overpairs hold up. Buy in for 200.

See a flop with QJos. Flop is Jack high. I lead and get one caller. Turn is a Ten. I put out 15 and get min raised back, heavily implying JT. Not sure why but I called. River is one of my three outs. Now I lead out 50 because I'm quite sure that he is not going to be able to lay down what I think is JT. He mulls and even shows me his cards. I shrug as if to say "that's a good hand". He calls and sees that he got drawn out on. That puts me up to 300 or so. Then I see a flop with Ad9d. Flop is Ace high two hearts. I lead and get a caller from old Asian guy. Turn is a Queen. I protect again. Call. River is more paint. I check he thows out 30 and I feel behind but make an orange belt call. He limped in with AJ. Gave some back there. Knew I was coming in light.

Later on I get in another hand with old Asian guy. I am bestowed with my trouble hand in the BB and must endure a free flop which comes JTT. Lead out with a pot sized bet. He smooth calls. He only has 39 left so I put him in in the dark before the turn card. He calls. Turn is a blank and right before he shows his KT which has me dominated, I boat up with a Q on the river. I apologize for the suckout and he takes it in stride then leaves the table.

Do we see a theme here of coming from behind?

Next key hand. Seat 4 bumps it to 12 and I am ready to snap off the action if there are too many other players but no one else comes in so I smooth call. Flop is a glorious low paired board. I am putting him on a lower overpair or maybe AK and I assume I'm good. He checks to me and I bet a shade below the pot. Call. Turn is another low card that might make a flukey straight draw. He checks to me and I go ahead and put him in for the remainder of his low stack, maybe another 50 or 60. He shrug calls and gets the bad news that his Queens have been notched. He grins and passes his chips over. I am now up about a stack and a half.

Seat 1 makes it 12 to go, Seat 4 calls and I call with AKos. Flop is A56 two Spades. I lead for 30, a confused hesitant call from the raiser. Call from the third party. Turn is a Queen. I don't like that card. I lead for an even stack and make it 100 to go. Raiser pushes all in. He is the only guy at the table who has me covered. I felt like he was on a weaker Ace like AQ and just caught up. Fold from the third party and I make a begrudging fold. Queen actually save me some money there. I talked with the guy later and he said he flopped top set when the case Ace came out. Argh. That knocks me down and eats into my sugar.

I open with AsKs for 7. Get a raise to 15 from Seat 2 who has been moving chips around. Folds back to me and I want to see all five cards so I put him in for the rest of his stack of about 50. He calls and shows AA. Hmmmm. That wasn't what he was supposed to have. In retrospect the min-raise was a hint but he had been doing that often enough for me to dismiss. His Aces hold and I pay him off. Now I am sugar-free.

I sit for a few more orbits then decide it's time for a break and lunch so I pack it up and get a Subway Melt and a Gatorade from across the street. I will head back over after my nap.

No comments: