Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A bill of sugar

Stopped by the MGM and had some lunch (turkey sandwich at the sports book deli) then signed up for some 1/2. Sat down and folded for a while. After about 20 minutes or so I get involved in a hand. It is raised to 11 with one caller. I pick up Aces in the blinds and pop it to 40. Corner pocket thinks about it then calls. Other guy folds. Narrowed the field down to one as desired. The guy is short stacked with only about 50 behind and I decided that I'm riding this out no matter what so I put him in on the flop (K, low, low). He shakes his head indisgust and gets it all in. He turns over Tens which is behind AA, KK, and AK, the biggest re-raising hands as well as tons of other hands of course. Aces hold and I'm up over 100 for the session. I pay some more blinds and then take off after another half hour or so. Cash out for 294 and am satisfied with the session. Time for a smoothie at NYNY and then an afternoon nap in the room.

No comments: