Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tourney wrap up

The Planet Hollywood tournament is decent. 4000 chips 60 bucks. Jason got to use the rebuy feature when his Kings got cracked by TT that flopped a boat on a T22 board and lead out on the flop with it.

MB and I were at the same table to start. I tried to see some cheap flops with Ac8c and small pairs but nothing hit. Pretty nitty play. Boris came out of the gates swinging though he played the first four hands for a raise then limped with QJ which ended up boarding out Broadway and he raised and got a call from AJ.

I was down to about 3K at first break. Jason was up a K and MB was down to a low stack. I got some better cards after the break. For some reason I was about to muck QsJs in LP and even made a hitched motion but caught myself and shoved instead. Took down the pot. Then very next hand I got AJos and shoved after one limped. Folded around to him and he hemmed and hawed about it and finally called with 33 and I was mentally admonishing him for a marginal call. Much better to shove than call but better to not even get to invested at all. Flop came QQx then a K to give me more outs and then the board double paired to counterfeit his microi-pair. I didn't apologize for the suckout since that was a horrible play.

Some really bad play and plenty of players who don't know how to play. Guy folds his BB. People not knowing it is their turn. Raises that are too small, etc.

Guy limps UTG with QQ and a guy shoves in LP with KJ. QQ calls and gets pissed because a K flops. Ummm...guy might not have called a raise with KJ? Nevermind.

I end up with 4h5h in the BB and see a flop. 7h22. Check check. 8h comes off and he bets min. I call with a GSSFD, the river is a 7 and I think of stabbing when it is checked to me but think he'd call with an A so we show down. He has K8 and wins.

I shove or raise a few times with any reasonably strong hand so I have chips for blinds.

Second break comes around. MB and Jason are out. I come back to 4K in chips with blinds 1K/2K and take a few hands until I "min" shove with QJos. Get called by BB holding K8 and he turns his eight. I'm done in about 14th place. Top six pay.

No comments: