Thursday, January 3, 2008

Planet Holly-weird

Planet Hollywood is pretty much fully assimilated now. No obvious traces of the old Aladdin motif anywhere. Street side has been completely redone and it's all glitzed out.

Inside the poker room I find out during the tourney that they are doing "euro style" raise rules where the min raise is the size of last BET, not last raise. Some guy tried to massage a "call me" re-raise. Bet was something like 200 and the raise was up to 525 so the re-raiser tried to go something like 900 but was told it had to be 1050. This surprised the rules guys at the table and the dealer kinda apologized about it knowing that it is not standard. I had heard that this is common in Europe and I was originally surprised at it but after thinking it over more I could go either way on it. Makes the math easier for sure and inasmuch as there is a reason that the last bet needs to match the last raise I guess the same reasoning would apply to matching the last bet which it is not unusual to do anyway. The other funny thing about PH is that the dealer said they had a Chinese Poker tourney! He said they even had special four handed tables. I asked if it took a while to deal and he kinda smirked and acknowledged that dealing out ALL 52 was time consuming. Sounds like they did a High Low High variation with the middle set being Deuce-Seven rules. Don't know how many players they got but I would be interested in looking at the rules and blind structure on that one.

1 comment:

royalbacon said...

Chinese Poker Tournament?! I want some of that action!