Monday, April 9, 2007

Back in Seattle

This concludes this leg of the tour. Final tally: down $1805.

I will write off about a third, $600, of that to just doing recreational/donk poker. There was probably another $400 of getting my money in bad when I should have known better. The remaining $800 or so I will write off to variance due to great second best hands, cards not falling my way, getting my money in good but getting sucked out on, and just plain randomness. But this Tour is not over by a long shot. I'm going to work on getting the variance back first. Then correcting for my sins of getting my money in bad. Recreational/donk poker will be the last chunk to recover.

Even though I am stuck more than I would prefer, I'm OK with it. I got to play at least 10 hours a day, ate some tasty meals, met some cool people, found some really great tables to play at, but mostly gained some very valuable experience. It was a unique opportunity that gave me insight to different styles of poker and gives me a better idea of where I need to be to be the one who walks away winner from the tables.

Thanks for your viewership. The tour will continue later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was tough...how many flopped straights against you?! Just sick. Yeah, you probably donked a bit here and there, and called with some hands that, after the fifteen minute analysis, you realize you could have laid down, but people were just catching on you the whole trip. Brutal...

Sushi Cowboy said...

Quite frankly I did stop counting after the third time. And those were the times that I got stacked. I am sure that I ran into at least one or two other flopped straights where I didn't have a hand so there was no problem folding.