Friday, April 6, 2007

Marginal call to finish off my stack

I am card dead and just posting blinds. Limp in once with pocket Fives and flop a set on a King high flop with two clubs. I have to bet to charge for a turn card. Checked around and I bet out from late position. No customers but I take down the pot.

Down to less than half a stack and Seat 4 who has been constantly raising to 11 leads out. I have everyone's favorite dominated hand, KQ, and it is offsuit to boot. I decide that if I hit either that I am going to go with it. Flop is Queen high and all clubs. I lead out for 15 and Seat 4 sizes up my stack and I show him the few chips I have left and we give each other the poker player's acknowledgment that we throw the rest in. He asks if I "have one" and I tell him no so he knows that he is free of a flush draw. He shows AQ and it holds up. Yeesh. Took an assumed risk pre-flop and got notched. Time to get some food and a nap.

No comments: