Friday, April 6, 2007

Don't go broke with one set

Very patient playing premium hands. Raise one hand to 7 with Ad Qd,
two callers, flop comes Q high, checked around to me, I bet and take
it down. Still a little down for the session.

Next key hand, seat Six opens for 10 and I think of re-raising but
smooth call instead. Heads up to the flop. Board is K J T with two
diamonds. Six leads 15 and I call, wary of possibly being up against
the nut straight but also knowing I have boat outs. Turn is another
diamond. And he bets 15 again, he is scared too and I call waiting to
boat up if I need to. River is a fouth diamond and we check it down.
He shows Aces and that puts me over for the day.

Next key hand and I pick up Jacks again. I open for 15, 7.5 times the
BB and get two callers. Flop comes out Q J 8. Check, bet of 20 from
Seat 8, his first hand. I raise to 65. He says raise and I tell him I
have 48 left and he put me in. I call expecting Kings or two pair. But
instead I run into my nemesis, the suited connector Ts 9s and yet
another player to flop perfect on me. I don't improve and am felted.
Rebuy for another $100. Did I mention that I find players flopping
perfect against me to be really really REALLY irritating?

No comments: