Monday, May 28, 2007

Better table

Came back from lunch to a much better table. Maybe Shannon Elizabeth was right. My reads are sharper. The cards are better. The fish are bigger. Some chips went to seeing some flops. Took down some pots.

Bumped into jumbo fish. Flop was 855 two diamonds. I had As8s and led 15. Two callers. Turn was another low card. I go 50, fold, then miss fishy hems and haws then pushes the rest of her stack which is about 50 anyway. She thinks I am jamming the pot with a diamond draw. She turns over pocket 4s...i.e. underpair to the board.

She also called off all her chips in another disaster. King high two spade flop and her AK is in the lead. 25 into the pot, called. Turn brings a Spade and now she gears down to a 5 bet. Gets re-raised to 35. She doesn't like it but she calls. Fourth Spade on the River. And she is so short stacked and feels pot committed enough to meet the other's chips in the pot. She has no Spade. Other guy has AsTs turn the Nut Flush and have a spare Spade to boot. Did I mention she normally plays limit?

Cards are drying up so I am taking a break to clear the brain and come back refreshed. Keeping an eye on the clock to make sure I catch my flight.

No comments: