Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pitch count is up

Around 2pm I decide that it's about time to head back to the room for a break. I resist the temptation to try to play until I've exactly doubled up. Though I'm close I conclude that that would lead to poor decision making so I cash out for 394 or six bucks shy of doubling up.

I run into Short Stack Stan again from last night when he sits down at the table. He is another "one bill wonder" who buys a stack, gets whittled down, goes all in, doubles up, and whose stack seems to have nine lives. He says "hey, it's Suit Guy" and he explains that that was what they ended up calling me at the table after I left. I jokingly asked him why as I sat there again in the blue pin stripe suit with lilac purple shirt and silver/purple tie.

No real big hands to report. Sweetened pots with a min raise+ bet to 7 and had good luck connecting on the flop to take down some more small pots without a struggle.

Short Stack Stan has had terrible luck with KQ. One hand had him all in versus Aces after a KQx flop which end up pairing Eights on the river to counterfeit his two pair. The guy with Aces was slow to reveal his hand and Stan chastised him about the slow roll but everyone at the table including Stan himself later realized that he just didn't know any better and probably didn't even realize that he had won. He picked up the hand about 9 times in an hour and a half and lost 8 of those times. I told him the EV on KQ is better than what he is experiencing.

I'm still feeling fresh but am taking myself out of the game to stay in form. A stop by the food court for another Special Fried Rice and Gatorade...to go. Quick walk back across the street and I'm eating/blogging before nap time.

No comments: