Saturday, May 26, 2007

On a heater

Since the last update.

Get 2h3h in BB. Flop two pair on all spade board. Check around. Fourth spade on turn. Checks around. River fills my boat with a Trey. 10 value on the end and get called by A high.

Call a raise with Aces flop TTx. I lead 10, called. Turn is a Queen, I check call 20. River is a Jack. Check call 35. He shows KQ and I rake another pot.

Raise to 12 with Aces, no call and I show.

Raise to 12 with Kings, no call and I show.

Raise to 12 with Kings, one caller. Spike top set. Make it 10 to go. Call. Turn makes a flukey straight possible. I go 20, no call and I show.

But the big hand was when steamboat Timmy is in a hand with me. He raises it up to 12 and I call from BB with AhKh. Flop is K high and I make it 20. Timmy raises 35 more. I know he sat down with some black chips so I ask for an accurate count before proceeding. He has about another one and a half bills behind his 35 raise. I consider my options and decide to call. Turn is the Jh which now also gives me the gutshot Royal Flush draw. I check. Timmy is confused and checks behind. River is 8s, the blankest blank there is. I check and Timmy pushes all in. I am momentarily possessed and blurt out Call without over thinking it. He says Ace high and I felt him.

I have tripled my 200 buy in so far this session.

1 comment:

jason said...

nice call with the AK. Either had a great read on the steamer or just thought a big hand would value bet, rather than all in. Either way, great result.

Saw your comments on the IRS form for the tourney. While it is a bummer, you can get those monies back (maybe) by offsetting the gambling gain with gambling losses which you have documented from your last blog. Unless of course you cash for 3 large or so, which would be a good problem to have.

I think I am going to try the Tulalup tourney today and see how it goes.