Friday, May 25, 2007

Don't go broke with one pair redux

Went down to the convenience store downstairs to get the most expensive bottle of Nyquil I ever purchased. Finally got to sleep around 6pm. Woke up at 11pm and got prepped. Quick stop for a burger and fries at Burger King and I'm sitting at Caesars with 200 behind. Sit for a while and after about 20 minutes I pick up Tens UTG. I limp to see what is going on. Seat 6 makes it 12, two callers and I cap it. Flop comes out 8 high and I check as first to go. Seat 6 continues for 45. Folds around to me and I raise to 100. He thinks about it then pushes. I put him on A8 and he ends up holding Jacks...notched.

I guess I could have laid down after the re-raise since I am only beating A8 or Nines. But in a way getting felted loosens me up. I still have sugar and I am ready to play more.

Take a small pot with J9 on a J high board beating J2.

Steal blinds and a limp as second to go with AQos.

No comments: