Saturday, May 26, 2007

Going clubbin'

I have my table broken a second time and it is a good table for me. Lot of limped pots so I am coming in light with JKos and other sub-premiums. Also catching a run of Ax suiteds that I will see a flop with and since the action is so light I wouldn't mind paying a bet after the flop to draw.

Limp in with Ac7c and flop the nuts. I am first to act and throw out 5 to start building the pot. 4(!) callers. I conspicuously check my hole cards in case anyone knows to look for that tell. Turn is a 5s which pairs the board. I'd prefer a blank or another club but I'll just assume no one boated up or I'd find out quickly. I make it 15 on the turn and still get two callers. River is 3s and I think 40 is callable. Guy to my left calls. Other chaser has to fold. I show nut flush and he folds. I am now up 100 or so.

No comments: