Friday, May 25, 2007

Whittled down and doubled up

Waited for hands for a while. Have thrown away a ton of hands. I'm having to adjust to slower pace of a full table and some really slow players. Seat 2 makes the biggest laydowns of his life 8 times an hour. Seat 9, 1, 5, 2 has changed seats three times since I sat down.

Finally can see a flop in middle position for 10 with 9hTh. Flop comes Qh86. Double belly buster, well disguised. It is checked to me and I check hoping for a free card. Turn is Kh. I now have the alluring straight flush draw. Alluring due to Caesars high hand jackpot. Checks around again. I miss the bonus but catch a flush. I put 15 on the end and get a call from A high 4 kicker (?).

See a flop with Ah4h. Flop is A77 and I lead for 10. One caller. Turn brings a 4 which can give me a sucker house if Seat 8 has a 7. I check and he bets 15. He has been betting with nothing all night so I call. River is a K and I don't worry about kicker. I check/call 20 on the end to see his 7Tsuited. Not happy with that one. Very possible I was tied or ahead so I called off chips. Made a bad steam call with Qh9h the next hand. Missed by a mile then folded. Damage limited to a call of 9.

I realize I made a bad steam call and decide to take a break when the blinds come around. Blinds are almost on me and I pick up cowboys UTG and limp. Seat 7 makes it 10. Folds to me and I decide the right price is 40 or just over half my remaining stack. 7 calls. Flop is 3s4s8?. I push for the rest of my stack and he calls with a ton of outs. A flopped OESFD with 5s6s. Two blanks on 4th and 5th streets and I double up to just over 140.

Break is over. Back to the table.

No comments: