Saturday, May 26, 2007

Up 150 quick

Second hand that I play I take down a pot when big slick connects on the turn.

A few hands later I pick up Aces UTG. I limp and hope that one of the aggressives on the backstretch of the table pops it like they have been doing about half the hands so far. Guy in Seat 8 makes it 10 to go. I raise to 30 and I'd be happy with a no stress small pot. He calls. Hmmm. Flop comes a glorious 772. I throw out 50 and he calls. I make a Yikes face to him. Turn is a Trey. More good board. I look to check his stack to gauge my bet and he says "It's all going in anyway" and we put the rest in the middle. I say I don't have a Seven but I call. He asks if I have a pair and I show my Aces. River is a King and I sweat his pair. He mucks and says he has Tens and thought I had AK or something. I am up about 150 now.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Poker rule #1: They always put you on AK.