Friday, May 25, 2007

Hand selection

Getting a good run of cards. Saw a flop with AhQs, flop came AsKs5d. I lead 15 and get re-raised by frat boy in Seat 6. I consider what I am likely up against and I call. Turn is a spade. I check, he bets again and I call with the nut Spade flush draw. River is a blank. I check and he bets again. I call and he shows a King. Rake a medium pot.

Saw a flop for 15 with AKos. Came Jack high. He led. I felt he didn't hit top pair but folded anyway. He shows 66.

Saw flops with AJos, and AQos. Missed. Paid a min raise with 66, missed.

Limped/popped with JJ to 20. Heads up with bearded in the corner. He calls. Flop comes out all low and I lead 40, he folds.

I am up about 40 or 50 for the day and I pick up Aces in late position. Need to thin the crowd but keep one person. Decide that 12 is the number. One call from bearded guy in the corner again. Flop is good news and bad news. It comes AQJ two clubs. Top set on a draw heavy and a potentially perfectly flopped board. I lead for 15. Bearded makes it 45. Hmmmm. It is possible that he flopped perfect but I think that he might have smooth called a perfect flop despite the two clubs. I put him on two pair instead and he would be drawing dead but for quads. I decide that I'm good and have nut boat outs to fall back on if needed. I re-raise him 100. He puts in the last of his stack for a little bit more and shows QJ for bottom two pair. Two more clubs show up but does not affect the outcome and I have roughly doubled up for the session.

Blog break is over, time to head back to the table.

No comments: