Sunday, May 27, 2007

My trap hand gets a reprieve

I would normally fold QTos but in a limped pot with me on the button in a multiway pot I call the three chips to see the flop...just in case it comes a glorious 89J...which it did. Now I just have to try to get money in the pot without letting in the club flush draw. First to act makes it 25, Nice! Guy to his left doubles it to 50. Even nicer! Then I pull the rookie move and act out of turn to raise to 100. Ooops. The table has a distinct tell on me. Everyone folds and I proceed with my re-raise. Fold from first to act then a push from the raiser and I'm crestfallen to figure we are probably chopping. As soon as I beat him to the pot though he says "Whooops Queen Ten?" as he sheepishly turns over the second nuts 7T. I double up plus some and am just shy of 400.

No comments: