Saturday, March 15, 2008

Gooooood morning

Get a text message at 5:02 telling me to wake up. I blearily volley some texts back and forth. New ETA for the ride to the airport is 5:45 not 6:00. Reset my alarm to 5:15 instead of 5:05 to squeeze out a few extra minutes of sleep. Doze off then get the wake up ditty from my phone. Realize I still have to pack the rest of my stuff, get cleaned up, and get out front so I jump into action, run through the shower, and check off some things on my last minute list like clearing off room on the Tivo so I don't miss my Deal or No Deal episodes and the re-broadcast of Steven Segal's Masterpiece "Under Seige." As I am getting dressed my phone is going off. I look at the clock and the 6:00 pick up that became 5:45 is now 5:40. I do a last second check to make sure I have all my stuff, flip the circuit breakers on non critical functions and head out the door.

I end up on the small half of the split folding rear seat of the compact car carrying clubs for two and luggage for three. Chris rockets through the speed trap on Aurora and we're at the park and ride in no time. On the way to the terminal now.

No comments: