Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Session 11b

Seat 10 opens for a raise and gets one caller. Flop is KT high. He bets, call. Turn is an A and they guy is shaking the table he's so nervous. River puts a J on the table and the guy is a wreck. Fortunately the othe guy is short stacked and doesn't have a hard decision. 10 had KK second set versus KJ two pair. Table stops swaying after the hand.

7 limpers ahead of me in the BB and I am thinking about a big bump to steal all the blinds. Wouldn't do it of couse. Uh oh. I pick up Kings. No way I am going to try to extract a single caller out of that field. 17 to go and I take down a table full of blinds.

Then he raises to 7 again and I have him on big pair. Three other callers ahead of me and I have two Black Nines. I call and with the two callers behind me I am getting plenty of pot odds plus mad implied odds. Flop comes T96 two clubs. Original raiser leads 20, folds to me and I three bet him. I have dust behind so he wants to just get it in. I insta and he shows worst case premium hand for me of AcKc for 9 outs instead of an overpair for only two outs. Turn blanks and River pairs the six so I boat up for good measure.

I see a flop with Js9s. Flop comes 578 two suited but no Spades. Targetee bets 7 and I get another call in front of me and a call behind me. Perfect. Totally priced in for my stealthy double gutter. Shannon Elizabeth has been thinking positive for me and a beautiful T comes off on 4th street. Targetee bets 15, a fold in front of me and I massage it 20 more. Fold behind me and it is back to my target. If he is on something like a pair and a gutter or two pair then 20 is nothing to this guy. If he has a 9 he is defintely coming along and a dream 6 on the River would be payday for his full stack. He thinks a little then FOLDS! Bad beat city USA. This guy hasn't folded ALL freaking day and he jumps out to four reds which he drops into the pot on 4th and 5th street regularly. I'm fine with it though. It was a decent pot and I even though he might have stabbed 20 on River I got a little greedy and wanted to build a bigger pot.

I decide it is a good time to take a break so I see my free hands and cash out my chips.

100 > 236

1 comment:

Marshall said...

Nice run marty.

Maybe with the KK you should make it like 12-14 trying to get one caller. You DO want action on KK you know, just not 7 way action.

Technicality: 3-bet refers to the third raise, not tripling a bet size in front of you.