Monday, March 17, 2008

Start of the work week

It's 9:30 and I am about to start at Caesars. I am dressed and ready to go to the office and will be hitting the felt before some of you are even leaving the house to go to your work (and you know who you are).

Since it is St. Patrick's Day I had to make the obligatory stop at the old haunt O'Sheas and get breakfast from Burger King in the "Food Park" which is perhaps to liken it to a trailer park for their target demographic? I order up that good ol' comfort food breakfast meal of a sausage croissanwich, taters, and OJ...just like mom used to pick up from the drive through when I was a kid. Nothing like a greasy cholesterol bomb to get the synapses firing for poker.

Did I mention that Caesars has real orange juice available via the cocktail girl? Not like that crap from the bartender's gun like at the MGM. Is it worth an extra buck raked from each hand for bonus hands? Perhaps so.

I am first in line for a seat at 1/3. It's pretty slow at this hour since we all know poker players are largely nocturnal.

No comments: