Saturday, March 15, 2008

Session 1

New table forms at 13:35 and I take seat 2. Buy in for 100. Two players to my immediate left buy in for two bills. Two others get stacks of 100 and the other four come in for 60 each.

I was wondering where I would want to put two players who bought in full and decided that I think I would actually want them to my right since info from them would be cleanest and action behind me would not mean much from the short stacks who presumably know less. Regardless, the seats are what they are.

Seat 7 draws button first. SB, BB, and a UTG limp ahead of me and on the first hand I pick up AcKs and make it 12. Folds to Asian dude with a single stack and the only other one who seems to know how to shuffle chips and he flat calls. Flop comes 446 two diamonds and I check it. He checks behind. Turn brings Kc and I make it 20, he folds. Sweet...like sugar.

I am in straight ABC poker mode and fold KQos to an unknown raiser and 77 from MP to a raise and folds.

Second hand I play is a limp in MP with Ah7h. Miss the flop wildly and fold.

Third hand is 6c7c in late MP and four limpers ahead of me. Check fold the flop.

One of the guys to my left, who know more than the others but I would not consider them good, notes that I haven't been playing many hands. I tell him I haven't been getting many hands. Nice to know someone is noticing. I actually have been getting junkers like J3 (thrice), J8 (twice), and assorted other crap. I have been folding every SB.

One hand it folds to me in the SB and I ask Seat 3 if he wants to chop. He sheepishly says "I have a good hand." I reiterate that it is his choice then he begrudgingly takes his blinds back. Later he tells me he had Aces and asks if I would have gotten any action. I tell him I don't know since I hadn't looked at my cards yet.

I see attrocious play all around like a flat call preflop with AA and a min raise on the flop with a draw heavy board. He collected four others to the Turn then finally got two short stacks in and successfully faded all draws. Yuck.

Fouth hand I play is AQos UTG. I raise to 7 and and take down the blinds.

Then after about an hour and 15 minutes I pick up two red Aces in my least favorite spot to get them, UTG. I make it 12 to go and get one caller from Seat 8. I am watching him as the flop hits and see a slow look of the board. I look at the cards and it is 278 rainbow. I make it 20 into the pot of 27. He looks confused as to what hand could possibly justify that bet. He sits and thinks a little then calls. Turn is a J. I hope he has a QJ, KJ kind of hand but I am OOP and am not getting away from this hand for the 37 or so he has left behind so I grab a more than adequate stack of reds and bet enough to put him all in. No snap call so that's a good sign. He tanks a little then throws the rest of his chips in. I show my AA and he shows A2os which catches a two outer Deuce on the River and I am awash in Sklansky bucks.

I am down to 23 so I buy up another stack. Fold once then make a steam limp with JTos compounded by a call of a raise to 7. I check fold the cbet by AK on the A high flop. It is getting to be time to meet up with Chris and Ray again. I think I can squeeze in an extra orbit but decide to just let it go and only see my last two free hands. First hand is crap then I catch Pocket Treys UTG. I limp for two and get a nice juicy six way limped pot going to the flop. Swing and a miss.

I pack up my chips and cash out. Down 84 so far but with no qualms whatsoever about my play. Got my money in way good and had a lame beat that accounted for a swing of about 150 bones. Oh well. Time for some happy hour drinks and I will play some more later.

2 comments:

royalbacon said...

Hope you find the A2os guy at the table again — anybody calling 12, even in late position, with the crap is good to have at your table. Especially if he’s willing to go all the way when it hits bottom pair.

U.G.L.Y.

jtrey333 said...

rough beat on the a2. Just remember, u want that to happen (well, not the two outer part).

Just curious, on the 77 hand, any chance u want to set mine there? If he's on an aq or ak type of hand, or high pocket even, a set is going to felt them. Just wondering if it u were worried about a reraise from someone who hadn't acted yet or if u didn't think the implied odds were worth it, or if u didnt have enough (100 behind) to make the implied worth it.