Saturday, March 15, 2008

Session 2

Sounds like there will be continued barfing action over at Mandalay Bay so I buy in to a 1/2 game at the MGM. I sit and fold everything including multi-way limps when I am SB.

Hand 1 is AcJc and I raise to 7 in LP and no one folds. Flop is KJx and I am done with the hand. Fold to a bet.

I post blinds and just see hands from the BB.

Second hand is calling a multiway straddle with two black Tens in LP. Flop is Th4s6s. Checks around to big stack bully who roughly pots it with a bet of 20. Comes around to me and I shove for 69 to charge full price for his draw. He thinks a while and finally tosses in his chips. I show him the bad news. I think he had me on AT and was only concerned about me possibly semi-bluffing with a better Spade draw. He shows JsQs for a presumed 15 outer which is really only 9 outs plus he would need to dodge my boat redraw.

Chris pings me that he is on the way and I am ready to wrap it up. I check A9os in the BB. It checks through to the river where I catch my Ace and I throw out a 5 into a 6 pot for value and get paid by Q9 which as far as I could tell was Q high then the board got swept up before I could double check her kicker though she might have hit her side card for second or third pair.

Final tally: Buy in for 100 cash out for 200 and I erase the losses from the A2 suckout from earlier today and then some. Not bad for 30 minutes work. Now it's off to meet up with the guys over at the Star Trek bar.

No comments: