Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day special extended fashion report

Today: grey suit, white shirt, green/black patterned tie for obvious reasons. I am not entirely pleased with the vibrant lime-forest green and the grey suit but I wore the black pin stripe yesterday and wanted to rotate through the inventory. If I were thinking through a little more I could have done something different with the planning but I got lazy. Besides I wanted to wear the first stringer on the plane and leave my backup suits in the checked luggage since everything in the suitcase is my expendable stuff.

There is plenty of green in the crowds. Tons of T-shirts like Kiss me I'm Irish, I (clover) green beer, Irish I were drunk, Get Lucky, etc. Sorry but Notre Dame sweatshirts don't count. Celtics jerseys get a pass though. Lot of green shirts and green dresses. Haven't seen any green hair but maybe tonight.

The town kinda gets into the spirit even for a Monday holiday. The fountain in front of Paris had its water colorized green. Street merchants are selling green Mardi Gras beads and green 2008 glasses like you see at New Year's parties. Even the guys handing out cards on the strip have pictures of strippers with green panties...no not really.

No comments: