Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Session 13a

Going to play at PH until it is time to take off. Buy in for 100.

Third hand I am in and I post the SB and it is folded around to me and I ask he chops. He says no he wants to play this one and raises to 7 before I call. I look at my cards and see 77 so I announce call and there is a little confusion from the BB and dealer but since he raised out of turn I make sure to do it by the book. I make sure his bet is still 7 and then I call. I see a Seven in the door then it gets better as two fours fan out below it. I check and he checks behind. Ten comes on the Turn and I toss out 5. He folds. I don't show and realize later I bet him out of my chance to hit my one outer to take down a high hand bonus.

I raise to 6 with KQos after multiple pot chops and a very tight table. One caller. Flop is all low. I check he checks behind. Turn is low. Check check. River maybe pairs the board or something. Check check and he shows his Nines for an overpair to the board. Nice hand sir. He gave me free swings and I couldn't connect.

I see a raised flop with 7s8s on the button. Flop is 95J with one Spade. Checks around. Turn is 5s and now I have a gutter and a Flush draw so I bet it and put the hand out of our misery.

I limp with 8c6c. Flop is K66. I flat call a bet of 10 on the Flop. He fires 10 again after a J comes off. I bump to 20. He calls. River is a blank. 15 value on the end and he pays it.

For what I think is the first time all trip I get Aces UTG and make it a gentle 8 pre-flop. No callers. Then I jump up and down like Beth Shak and make twin teepee shapes with my fingers then throw my Aces down on the table so I can show the table what a tight SOB I am.

Later I pick up JJ on the button with two limpers and SB and BB in the pot. I make it 11 and take down loose change in the pot.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

"Then I jump up and down like Beth Shak and make twin teepee shapes with my fingers then throw my Aces down on the table so I can show the table what a tight SOB I am."

:)

You didn't show, though, did you? DID YOU!?

jtrey333 said...

"I limp with 8c6c. Flop is K66. I flat call a bet of 10 on the Flop. He fires 10 again after a J comes off. I bump to 20. He calls. River is a blank. 15 value on the end and he pays it."

I love the way you played it, except I think the river value bet is good for $20 (esp after you raised to $20 on the turn). Maybe even $25, but that might be pushing it.