Monday, March 17, 2008

Session 7

Met up with the crew at Planet Dailies, the 24/7 coffee shop. I had a fruity pink smoothie which was so aptly named the strawberry apple pie. No umbrella unfortunately but it still caught the attention of every available Barbra Steisand fan in the entire restaurant.

Decide to have a seat at the PH table. D0nkness abounds two players getting the rest of their stacks in on the River. 99 for vs QJ on a KQ high board with a Flush possible. I just cannot get a playable hand against these guys. Some guy slow playing Kings in a multiway pot because he "didn't want to chase everyone away". Oy. I am posting blinds waiting. Guy next to me gets involved in a big hand. He raises, gets one call. Then is re-raised and he shoves. First caller looks at his hand and reluctantly folds. Re-raiser takes a little time and calls. Then the shover puts the folder on exactly AQ and said it is bad for him because it takes one of the outs he needs to beat the caller whom he put on exactly JJ. Both reads are spot on. I eventually pick up QQ and have a raise in front of me which I bump and take down my only pot of the session.

100 > 99

No comments: