Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Session 10b

Raise to 7 with JJ and flop comes K high. I get check/called after stabbing and I am done with the hand. He bets the river and I fold. Show him my JJ and he shows Kh9h which was well coordinated with the board.

Call 6 with snowmans and flop an OESD with 679 mixed suit. I bet 16 into the 18 pot and take it down.

I am trying to get in another hand with Seat 10 who is a mega-station. He check raised on the river the paid off a re-raise on a KKQJx board and lost to K7. He didn't show but I doubt he had he case K, probably a Queen.

Limp in to see a flop with 78os and the flop comes TJrag which checks around. Turn is a Nine to fill the gutter to my sucker straight and I am ready to play it really carefully when Seat 4 leads out. Hmmm. Then the short stack after her shoves for about 40. HMMMM. And now it is on me. I was waiting for everyone to check to me, then I would bet it and take it down but instead I get all this action ahead of me and figure that I cannot possibly be beating both of them plus even if I am there is a possible redraw against me to a higher straight. SS would dent me but I would be OK with taking my chances the he is on a semi or made two pair. But Seat 4 has me well covered so I have to let it go. Seat 3 insta-calls. She shows pocket Nines which just setted up. Seat 4 shows QT for pair and a straight draw. River is a meaningless A and Trip Nines takes the pot...MY pot, lol. Meh, it was a difficult laydown but I really just need to avoid those situations so I am way OK with the fold.

I get the BB special of 34os and am glad to see a free flop. Dealer throws out QQQ (rainbow) which checks around. As I am thinking that there is no safe cards for me the dealer puts a 4 out on the Turn. I toss out 10 and Seat 3 (cracked Aces full) has a pained grimace on his face and I am wondering what he has. He eventually folds as does everyone else. I show him my Four and he said he had two high cards and didn't want to have a hard decision later if he caught.

I raise to 12 with QQ and get two callers, the guy who felted me with his set earlier and short stack. Flop comes T high and Seat 6 makes it 4 which puts the short stack all in. SS calls off his last chips. I am somewhat confused by that bet and I say that I have to raise and add 25 more to the call of 4 and Seat 6 gets out of the way. SS has AT and flopped top/top. I Turn an unnecessary set and the River blanks so I take down the last pot of the night because the guy I just busted out gets up and that starts the domino effect of players calling it a night.

I toasted my first buy then actually dropped part of my second roll before climbing back up to 157. I'll take it.

No comments: